Here at LA Galaxy San Diego we are very proud of the environment we create to encourage ALL of our young players to attend college. We are not only very focused on achieving athletic scholarships for our players but we endeavor to ensure all players that progress through our various programs attend and complete a college degree.
Updated monthly, this ‘College Bound’ page is the perfect resource for our college prospects to keep up to date and informed with what actions they need to be taking.
JULY ALUMNI SPOTLIGHT – Adam Allmaras – click here to access
LATEST COLLEGE COMMITMENTS
Congratulations to the following players:
- Emma Bushee, G99 Elite, on her commitment to Campbell University
- Julia Taliana, G98 Elite, on her commitment to Illinois Institute of Technology
- Lillie Hill, G98 Elite, on her commitment to San Diego Mesa
- Ashleigh Harris, G01 Elite, on her commitment to Campbell University
JULY TIPS on COLLEGE RECRUITING – from College Liaison’s, Coach Courtney Drummond (girls) & Coach Sean Gurley (boys)
Below are some time sensitive tips to stay on track with the recruiting process:
*Make sure you email your National Cup Schedule to all colleges you’re interested in
SENIORS: Be sure if you’re playing that you request your final amateurism on your NCAA Clearinghouse account.
JUNIORS: Make sure you have registered with the NCAA Eligibility Center. Arrange for Spring/Summer visits. Meet with you counselor to start building your schedule for the next academic year.
SOPHOMORES: Attend college ID clinics and camps over the Spring/Summer. Meet with your counselor to start building your schedule for the next academic year.
FRESHMAN: Get involved with community-based and leadership-oriented activities. Be sure to build out your player resume to send out this Summer. Meet with your counselor to start building your schedule for the next academic year, look into AP classes.
Are you going on a college visit soon? Here are some questions to ask on the visit:
- What is your program’s style of play and how do you see me fitting in?
- How many players have you committed to my recruiting class? And how many are you hoping to commit?
- What is your team dynamic?
- Does your University award academic aid separate from athletic aid?
- What is your graduation rate for your program? Do majority of student-athletes graduate in four years?
LAGSD LATEST COLLEGE COMMITMENTS LIST