About Competitive Program
The LAGSD Player Development Program is a progressive development academy where players will receive age-appropriate training and playing opportunities under the direction of dedicated and licensed coaches. The focus is on the joy of play and the development of technical skills, and ultimately, to provide a life long passion for soccer in every child that comes through our ranks. LAGSD has designed a specific curriculum that is appropriate for each age group.
LA Galaxy San Diego offers different levels of play within our competitive program:
- Our Development Academy teams compete in the U.S. Youth Soccer Development Academy program
- Our GIRLS ACADEMY II teams (U14-U19) typically compete in the DPL (Development Player League) as well as at Regional/National level
- Our BOYS ELITE teams (U13-U19) typically compete in the SCDSL (Southern California Developmental Soccer League) as well as at Regional/National level
- Our PRE-ACADEMY and PREMIER teams typically compete at the SDDA Flight 1 level (some compete in the SCDSL) and Regional level
- Our GOLD teams typically compete at the SDDA Flight 2 level
- Our WHITE teams typically compete at the Presidio Soccer League level
WHAT DO REGISTRATION FEES COVER?
The competitive season at LA Galaxy San Diego spans over roughly ten months. Registration fees are used to pay for professional coaches, Cal South fees and insurance costs, league fees (USSDA, DPL, SCDSL, SDDA, Presidio League, National League, California Regional League, Southern California National Premier League), administrative fees and staff, equipment, fields/facility usage fees, lights, referees, team training camp, goalkeeper training program, select skills clinics, college recruitment services and resources (college fit finder/full time college liaison).
2018/19 REGISTRATION FEES
To view the 2019/20 Competitive Registration Dues & Payment Plans please click here.
Below is a breakdown of what is included at each level of play:
|Team Level||Coaching||# Practices/Week||Fitness Program||Competition|
|Development Academy||Min. B License||3 to 4||Included||DA|
|Pre-Academy, Elite, Academy II||Min. C License (or equiv).||2 to 3||Included||DPL/SCDSL/SDDA, *CRL|
|Premier||Club Professional Coach||2 to 3||B07-B00, G07-G09||SDDA/SCDSL|
|Gold||Club Professional Coach||2||No||SDDA/PSL|
|White||Club Professional Coach||2||No||PSL|
*CRL participation is at the Directors/Coaches discretion and requires play in qualification
2018/19 2009-2004 SEASON TIMELINE
- Welcome Orientation for 2018/19 teams
- Spring League (09-06) | Optional & extra cost. Click here for info
- State Cup completion for 2017/18 teams
- CRL completion for 2017/18 teams
- Team bonding | Optional practices/beach gatherings etc.
- National State Cup Finals (05,04)
- 1 practice per week with team
- Street Soccer | 1x week | April 11, 18, 25 (09, 08, 07)
- 7v7 league games | April 14, 21, 28 (select ages / teams)
- State Cup 2019 (2004s)
- 2x week team practice | Club Curriculum implementation begins May 1st
- 7v7 league games | May 5, 12, 19 (select ages / teams)
- In house scrimmages
- Memorial Day Tournaments (select teams)
- 2x week team practice
- June weekend tournaments (varies by team)
- 2x week team practice
- July weekend tournaments (varies by team)
- Girls Pre-Season Team Training Camp | July 16-19 @Aviara Park (all non-DA / non-DPL teams, 09-04). Schedule TBD
- Carlsbad Cup Boys Weekend July 21-22 (select teams)
- Carlsbad Cup Girls Weekend July 28-29 (select teams)
- Boys Pre-Season Team Training Camp | July 30-August 2 (all non-DA teams, 09-04). Location/Schedule TBD
- 2x week team practice
- August weekend tournaments (varies by team)
- Coastal Classic Girls Weekend August 18-19 (select teams)
- Coastal Classic Boys Weekend August 25-26 (select teams)
- Futsal Fitness 3rd practice begins mid-late August (Boys 09-04 Pre-Academy, Premier & Elite teams; Girls 09-06 Pre-Academy & Premier teams)
- Speed & Agility / Fitness 3rd practice begins mid-late August (Girls 05/04 DPL & Premier teams)
- League Season (all leagues) | September 8 – November 17
- Futsal Fitness 3rd practice (Boys 09-04 Pre-Academy, Premier & Elite teams; Girls 09-06 Pre-Academy & Premier teams)
- Speed & Agility / Fitness 3rd practice (Girls 05/04 DPL & Premier teams)
- Club Day | Sunday, Oct 28, LA Galaxy v Houston Dynamo @ StubHub Center, KO 1:30pm (1 complimentary ticket per player | all players expected to attend)
- Giving Back Fundraiser Friendly scrimmages | Saturday December 1st (all teams expected to particpate)
- Holiday Break (no lights scheduled) | December 19, 2018-January 1, 2019
- Practices resume beginning January 2, 2019
- Teams will participate in post season tournament(s) and/or State Cup
- Carlsbad Premier Cup January 12-13 2019 (select teams)
LA Galaxy San Diego is proud to offer a top level Goalkeeping Program led by our Director of Goalkeeping, Guillermo Rodriguez, and assisted by fellow Goalkeeper Coach Rigo Aquino.
Through the specifically tailored program our keepers will receive age-appropriate training from our extremely talented Goalkeeping staff.
As a club, LAGSD understands the important role that our keepers play and offer a curriculum based program that puts an emphasis on all aspects of this specialized position.
Being official partners with SKLZ allows our Academy and Elite players use of the world class facilities and training from the top of the range EXOS trainers at the SKLZ training center in Carlsbad. This access and training is incorporated as part of the Academy and Elite program.
Our older players (U14-U19) in our Academy and Elite participate in strength and conditioning programs overseen by strength & conditioning specialist Louis Hunt.
At the younger ages the physical component is more focused on improving speed, agility, balance and coordination, and is delivered by our team of specialist coaches under the guidance of our curriculum.
Run by the Directors of Coaching, Competitive Pre-Season Training Camps are an integral part of our pre-season schedule and are essential for your child’s soccer growth, in preparation for the upcoming season. Pre-Season Training Camps also allow the Directors and HOPDs (Heads of Player Development) to get to know all of the players within their respective year groups, in terms of their current level of play as well as on a personal level. If you cannot make any of your specific sessions you need to let your team coach know asap so they can work on substituting you in with another level appropriate group.
GIRLS | July 16-19 @ Aviara Park
9:00-11:30am: All 2009 & 2008 teams
11:30am-2:00pm: All 2007 teams | 2006 White (Magana & Morissey)
2:00-4:30pm: 2006 Pre-Academy II & Premier | 2005 Premier, Gold & White (Morissey & Mezey)
4:30-7:00pm: 2004 Premier & Gold | 2002 Premier
BOYS | July 30-Aug 2 @ Pine Park
9:00-11:30am: All 2009 teams | 2008 White (Rowley, Line & Avory)
11:30am-2:00pm: 2008 Pre-Academy, Premier & Gold | 2007 Elite, Premier, Gold & White (Jones, Tuholski & Gurley)
2:00-4:30pm: 2006 Elite, Premier, Gold & White (Gutierrez & Macauley) | 2005 Gold & White (Martin & Collins)
4:30-7:00pm: 2005 Elite | 2004 Elite, Premier, Gold & White (Tuholski & Hinojosa)
7:00-9:00pm: 2003 Premier, Gold & White | 2002 Premier, Premier II & Gold | 2001 Premier II
*Competitive Pre-Season Training Camps are compulsory and part of your competitive registration fees for the 2018/19 season with LA Galaxy San Diego. If you are not part of the 2018/19 LA Galaxy San Diego Competitive Program then these Pre-Season Training Camps do not apply to you. For other LA Galaxy San Diego Camps & Clinics that are open to recreational players & the public please click here.