About Recreational Program
The Carlsbad Galaxy Recreational Program is overseen by the Director of Recreation, Gregg Cacioppo:
If you are looking for a place to play then look no further. Carlsbad Galaxy has the experience, knowledge and resources to fulfill every soccer players’ needs!
Carlsbad Galaxy runs two recreational seasons in the calendar year. First of which is the 6 week Spring League followed by our widely popular Fall Recreation League which runs from September – November. Fall registration ends in June and this league fills up quickly so sign up right away.
Registration for the 2018 Carlsbad Galaxy Fall Recreational Soccer Season is OPEN and has been extended until July 9 or the divisions are filled – whichever comes first.
For your convenience, we have two location based registration options:
- NORTH CARLSBAD will play and practice on fields North of Palomar Airport Road including but not limited to: Zone 5, Magnolia, Chase, Hope, Calavera Hills, Jefferson
- SOUTH CARLSBAD will play and practice on fields South of Palomar Airport Road including but not limited to: La Costa Heights, La Costa Meadows, Alga Norte, Aviara Park, Poinsettia Park, Stagecoach Park, El Camino Creek, Mission Estancia
- U5 and U7 = $210
- U8-U19 = $235
*registration has been extended (with no late fees) until July 9 or the divisions are filled – whichever comes first
Under 5: U5 players (born in 2014) play 4v4
Under 7: U6/U7 players (2012/2013) play 4v4
Under 8: U8 players (born in 2011) play 7v7
Under 10: U9/U10 players (born in 2010 & 2009) play 7v7
Under 12: U11/U12 players (born in 2008 & 2007) play 9v9
Under 14: U13/U14 players (born in 2006 & 2005) play 11v11
Under 16: U15/U16 players (born in 2004 & 2003) play 11v11
Under 19: U17/U18/U19 players (born in 2002, 2001 & 2000) play 11v11
Our Fall 2018 Recreational Registration includes:
- Home and away LA Galaxy Adidas uniforms
- Personalized trophy (U12 and below ONLY)
- Picture package
- Certified USSF referees for age groups U8 and up
- Field set up and take down
- Cal South trained and licensed volunteer coaches
- All registration is online
- New players must submit a copy of their birth certificate to the Carlsbad Galaxy office for age verification: 5375 Avenida Encinas, Suite C, Carlsbad 92008 (open 10am-5pm Mon-Fri)
- First Early Bird Registration ends on April 8
- Registration fees increase on April 9 (early bird phase 2) to $210 (U5 & U7), $235 (U8 and above)
- All Early Bird ends on May 7th and on May 8th price will be $235 (U5 & U7), $260 (U8 and above)
- Registration will close on June 15
- A $25 late fee will be assessed on all registrations after June 15 and players will be placed onto the waitlist
- We will do our best to honor one buddy request but it MUST be reciprocated, if received prior to the close of registration on June 15 – requests must be made at the time of registration and must be entered into the appropriate field during the registration process (we will NOT accept requests via email)
- Please contact Affinity Sports at 1-800-817-5977 with any questions regarding the online registration process
For frequently asked questions, please CLICK HERE.
For cancellation policy, please CLICK HERE.
Refunds are only given for the following reasons after registration closes:
- Injuries – The injury must occur before the first game of the season and prevent the player from participating for the majority of the season. Parents must provide a medical note from doctors as proof
- No placement – If we cannot place your child due to a lack of coaches then we will provide a full refund
WE NEED VOLUNTEERS! IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN COACHING OR SERVING AS A DIVISION COORDINATOR, PLEASE CONTACT US AT: email@example.com
- U10: CLICK HERE for schedule, scores and live table
- U12: CLICK HERE for schedule, scores and live table
- U14: CLICK HERE for schedule, scores and live table
|A fun action-packed soccer camp for recreational level soccer players. Each day consists of a fun warm-up, theme of the day, coaches challenge and Word Cup soccer tournament.
WHO: Designed to help players learn and improve basic soccer skills
|June 18-21, 2018||Aviara Community Park – MAP||9am-12pm||$159 ($50 day rate)||REGISTER NOW|
|June 25-28, 2018||Poinsettia Community Park – MAP||9am-12pm||$159 ($50 day rate)||REGISTER NOW|
|July 9-12, 2018||Poinsettia Community Park – MAP||9am-12pm||$159 ($50 day rate)||REGISTER NOW|
|July 23-26, 2018||Aviara Community Park – MAP||9am-12pm||$159 ($50 day rate)||REGISTER NOW|
|August 6-9, 2018||Aviara Community Park – MAP||9am-12pm||$159 ($50 day rate)||REGISTER NOW|
The Carlsbad Galaxy Recreational Summer Camps are designed for all recreational players (ages 5-12) to work on their technical ability in a fun atmosphere. Players will go over the mechanics of individual skills, opposition (attack/defend), then work the skills into small-sided game situations.
A comprehensive, fun environment to sharpen known skills and learn new skills. emphasizing creativity in attack.
- Group warm-up (players will be grouped according to age and ability)
- Topic of the day
- Small-sided games relating to topic of the day
- Shooting demonstration > Shooting & Finishing session
- World Cup (week long tournament)
Camps will focus on these key areas:
- Running, Dribbling, Shielding the ball
- Passing and Receiving
- First Touch on the ball
- Crossing and Shooting
Camps are overseen by the LAGSD Directors of Coaching, and use our professional coaching staff.
*Free t-shirt for all camp attendees
Spaces will fill up quickly. Questions? email: firstname.lastname@example.org
VOLUNTEER HEAD or ASSISTANT COACH
All of our volunteer coaches are given training and tools to help them be successful.
If you are interested in becoming a coach please fill out the form HERE.
Team Parents are responsible for helping organize team parties/events. This person should be organized and good at communication. No soccer experience is necessary and we hold a detailed meeting to go over all info in which you are responsible for.
To register to be a Team Parent please click HERE.
Thank you in advance for being a hero to our kids in our program!
RECREATIONAL COACHES RESOURCES
- Coaches’ Recreation Handbook 2016 – Click here to access
- Team Parent Handbook 2016 – Click here to access
- Recreational Coaches Manual – Click here to access
- 2017 Practice Field Schedule – Click here to access
- Challenger Soccer Ball Sale – Click here to access
U6 RECREATIONAL SESSIONS – Cal South
- Click here to gain access to 32 instructional U6 session videos
- Click here to gain access to 9 U6 lesson plans
FUN GAMES THAT TEACH SOCCER
MORE TECHNICAL DRILLS
- 44 Small-Sided Soccer Games
- 50 Small-Sided Games That Make A Difference
- 50 Fine Soccer Drills
- 20 Week Program
- Fifa Laws of the Game
- The 10 Most Important Conditions to Develop Creative Potential within Each Child
- UEFA ‘B’ License Technical Guidelines
- UEFA ‘B’ License Team Tactics
- UEFA ‘B’ License U17 Set Plays
- Concussion information for coaches
NUTRITION & HYDRATION
Like always, we are extremely grateful for our sponsors generosity so please try and support their local businesses in return!